Time: 45 Minutes Per Day
Topics to be covered
1. Basics concepts of Dravya (herbs) –
- This topic will cover the pharmacological classification, pharmacotherapeutic classification i.e Mahakshaya, Gana of various herbs, herbs classification on the basis of qualitative similarity as per classical texts.
- Guna- The nature and intensity of action acquired by herbs is decided by the property inherent and acquired by herbs. Herb is recognized for its qualities. So, understanding the basic concept of Guna and the number of Guna mentioned in classical texts is very important to understand herb and to get maximum benefit from it.
- Rasa- Rasa is known as the perception after contact of herb (dravya) with the gustatory sense organ. Different Rasa is present in various herbs and that particular herb exhibits mode of action as per the Rasa present in it.
- Vipaka- It is scientifically the transport phase of herb (Dravyas) or the end product after digestion. Herbs also exhibit its action due to this end product so understanding the Vipaka is very important.
- Virya- Virya is the potency by which substance exerts its own action. It is the power of the herb and every herb exhibits a different power. So which kind of strength you need as per your body and to make your formulation, it is important to understand the basic concept of Virya.
- Karma- Karma is characterized by movement or activity. In this topic you will understand how herbs act on various systems like the nervous system, circulatory system, etc.
2. Identification of Drugs- It is matter of great task to completely identify the herb customarily and classically mentioned. The knowledge of all the herbs found in nature is too arduous, but classics help you to properly identify the herbs.
Choose 10 herbs of your choice and get vast and complete knowledge about them. Topic covered under each herb are-
- Introduction of Herb
- Basonym of Herb
- Main Synonyms of Herb
- Regional Name of Herb
- Scientific classification of Herb
- Ayurvedic reference for Herb
- Botanical Name of Herb
- Family of Herb
- Classification of Herb as described in Charaka and Sushruta
- Dravya's (Herb) description in Brihtrayi
- Herb in various groups as reported in Samhita, Nighantu, and Rasa Grantha
- Historical background of Herb
- A controversial study of Herb
- Varieties of Herb
- External morphology of Herb
- Distribution of Herb
- Useful parts of Herb
- Important phytoconstituents of Herb
- Recent research of Herb
- Rasa Panchaka of Herb
- Prayogarha Vyadhi (Therapeutic indication) of Herb
- Amayika Prayoga (Therapeutic uses) of Herb
- Benefits of Herb
- Benefits of Herb on different systems of bodies
- Matra (Therapeutic administration and dosage) of Herb
- Classical reference of Herb
- Specific formulation of Herb
- Contraindication & Side effects of Herbs
- References of Herbs